Thursday, August 16, 2007

Time on my hands

Well, Gus had to go to work at the crack of dawn, so am up and about with time on my hands. Actually, I have loads to do but Leo gets left at Mum's when we are out all day and so I am there instead of at home where I could be doing something vaguely useful.

Counting down the days until I start my new job on 10th September. Only 16 days of being patronised within an inch of my life to go!

Am being very organised nowadays (scary - but probably a sign I am really getting better): Jo(s) and I are expanding the Club to include a monthly crop, am trying to organise a coach to take us all down to the NEC for Hobbycrafts (how cool would that be???), the Bazzill Nuts blog is re-born (to greater success I hope - no pressure teamies!), and am getting lots of scrapping done. Am toying with a small business idea but may just be toooooo busy for that at the moment. I like that my life is so much fuller since we moved here :).

Tomorrow is my day off as I have to work Sat - plans were to scrap, watch High School Musical (Encore edition, no less, with sing-a-long feature), scrap some more, maybe tidy my scraproom (yeh right) and scrap some more. Apparently though, Angus wants me to help put up the new shed. Great - (although it will mean we can get the lawnmower back and the garden might look less like a jungle). Then in the evening it is off to see the boat we are hoping to book for the wedding reception - very excited, how cool would that be? If we like it, we can book Browns for lunch and that will be all the plans in place. Just need to lose about 2 stone and buy a dress.

Alix and I are going to a wedding fair in Worcester on 2nd Sept (it's so cool to have a wedding buddy) - must take the camera for that one. Not buying anything you understand, just want to pinch ideas for my hand made stationary and flower arrangements. Am thinking of having Anita Mundt style happy flowers for my table dressings - is that just a scrapping step to far I wonder??? I think I have come up with a card design I like now (after 9 abortive attempts).

As I am bored I thought, how about a word of the day?

Today's is: quo·tid·i·an [ kwō tíddee ən ]
1. commonplace: of the most ordinary everyday kind ( formal )
2. done daily: done or experienced on a daily basis ( formal )


Well I didn't know that?! (this particular quirk will probably last about as long as her space my space pics - i.e. about a week).

2 comments:

This Teacher said...

Happy style flowers sound great Katy. Not long to go now! Are you excited?

Unknown said...

Oh oh oh I'll be going to the NEC too and Im sure we can persuade Anna! Im tagging you by the way, or least I will be when Mozilla lets me into Blogger!