Sunday, December 30, 2007

Dare I say.....STASH DIET (aaarrggghhhhh)

OK I have done a very silly thing and signed up for the UKS stash diet. Here are my rules:
  • I have a budget for non-essentials of only £5 per month, all other spends I must earn;
  • I can buy essentials as and when I need them (not counted in budget) - these are: adhesives, mats for robo and sizzix, blades for trimmer and knife, printer inks, photo paper (am tempted to add 'anything by BG' but i'll be good...). Crops also excluded from budget;
  • I will continue my sub to Scrapmagic but when it ends will either not have a sub or will look for one under £10 a month;
  • I will only buy one papercrafting mag each month;
  • I can earn extra stash money by doing LOs using stash I already have:--£2 per 12x12 LO-£1 for smaller LOs-£3 for a mini book - £2 for a CJ entry;
  • I can earn £2 for every pound in weight I lose BUT can't have any of it until I have lost 5 pounds;
  • Any money from selling unwanted stash goes back into the stash fund;
  • I get a bonus £5 if I earn more than 150 points for my team in a single month;
  • I will make lists of LOs I want to complete and only buy stash needed for these, not randomly buy nice stuff with no purpose in mind;
  • I can only do one swap at a time. Postage for RAKs and PIFs is excluded from budget;
  • I can have extra spends for the NEC of £50 BUT only if I stick to the diet between now and the show in March.

Mmmmmm, want to take bets on how long I manage to stick to this?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh that looks like it might be hard going Katy, good luck!

Love the LO and looks like you had a fabby Christmas x

Ruth said...

ha ha I like the not randomly buying nice bits section--that'll be hard for me too

Paula said...

Good Luck Katy, you go girl:)

Heather said...

Good luck with keeping to all those rules!